There is no escaping it. Social Media is now a constant fixture in our lives. We used it to promote businesses, messages, lifestyles…you name it. In fact, I’m sure that you are already using some form of Social Media as part of your marketing and promotion.
The truth is there are easy steps that can be taken to help develop your social media presence. The most important being your content.
The content you post is critical to your social media success: it attracts traffic, engages your audience and promotes your brand. For your content to successfully to do all of these things it needs to be interesting, current and varied.
Here are 5 types of content that are easy to add to your social media platforms and will keep your audience remains engaged.
- Photos: It has been said that a picture is worth a thousand words. And this could not be truer for social media. A favorite among social media users, photos can be used to convey messages in an easy-to-understand and engaging manner. Use photos to liven up your platforms while also conveying your brand.
- Videos: Videos are particularly useful when seeking to develop a social media presence as they are one of the easiest ways to engage people. Keep them short and to-the-point, and make sure they align with your branding and provide value to your audience.
- Events: Looking for a different way to engage people? Consider holding an online event. This will help to build like-minded communities and keep them connected with your social media platforms.
Promoting health and fitness? Create a week-long challenge and share a daily workout to get people committed and interested in your brand. Selling clothing? Try setting up an event for a one day sale where people who have responded ‘yes’ receive a 10% discount/free gift/$10 voucher. Events like these will tell you who is really engaging with your social media.
- Tips and facts: Use tips, tricks and facts to add value to your social media posts. What are you providing that other pages in your niche are not? Sharing regular tips and facts around your topics is a great way to share information with your audience and keep engagement levels high.
- Blog posts: Use blog posts to feed your social media channels by posting the link along with an engaging caption and image) on your social media platforms. In so doing you will be able to share more detailed information with your most loyal followers
Now that you what to do, what are you going to do about it? Call us – we’re social media experts.
Bob Milliken is a master marketer specializing in helping businesses achieve outrageous levels of success. Bob can be reached by phone at 604.270.1730 or by email at email@example.com.