TORONTO –NDP Leader Andrea Horwath has launched her party’s platform saying Ontarians are ready for a plan that makes sense. “People are ready for change, and I believe most people are looking for change that makes sense,” said Horwath.
“Our plan saves more than it spends. Instead of wasting billions on scandals like the Liberals, we will stand up for middle class families and invest in people’s priorities: jobs, healthcare, education, and making life affordable.”
“Voters do not want to re-elect the Liberals. This election people have a choice, they don’t have to endorse a Liberal party that deserves time in the penalty box, or Tim Hudak’s plan to add 100,000 people to the unemployment rolls.”
Highlights of the platform include:
- Saving $2 billion with a Minister of Savings, ending partisan government ads and closing tax loopholes
- Cutting small business taxes and investing in infrastructure
- Reducing auto insurance rates, taking the HST off hydro
- Cut ER wait times in half, create 24-hour family clinics
- Keep schools open and bring back Phys Ed. teachers
“For 10 long years the Liberals made life more expensive for families, our plan is about standing up for the middle-class and giving them a break for a change,” said Horwath.