- 500 g mixed dried fruit (cranberries, cherries, apricots and raisins)
- 100 g dates, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 Orange zest
- 125 g plain flour
- 125 g caster sugar
- 2 Tablespoons brandy
- 1 Handful chopped nuts, such as pecans, broken cashew or hazelnuts
- 1 Medium egg
- 150 ml milk
- Grease a pudding bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Put the mixture into the greased bowl (with melted butter and all-purpose flour) and cover with a double layer of aluminum foil. Place in a large saucepan with water halfway up the sides of the bowl. Bring the water to the boil, put on a tight-fitting lid, and simmer for 3 hours. (Don’t forget to check the water regularly, making sure that it never boils dry, because if it does, it will burn, and the bowl will crack) or place the bowl in a deep dish plate with water in the oven.
- When it’s ready, remove the foil, turn out on to a plate, decorate it as you like. You can also light it with brandy if you want to be really fancy.
Gurjyote Singh Sethi, has over 16 years’ experience in the hospitality Industry. He has been associated with leading hotels like the Hyatt Regency New Delhi, Marriott Welcome Hotel, Fusion (Multi cuisine food Joint) Self Owned, Crown Plaza Gurgaon by (IHG), and Aman Resorts New Delhi, The Claridges Surajkund and Vivanta by Taj at Surajkund. Email: email@example.com.