For many years in a row, the Coquitlam Mounties have worn pink to support Pink Shirt Day. The eventful day started with Youth Detail officers Constables Annelisse Lovell and Pam Newman sharing stories and hugs with a group of students at the Hyde Away Youth Activity Centre in Port Coquitlam. Then the Constables went to Summit Middle School for a “teddy bear toss” contest.
Though we didn’t win the teddy bear toss, the time spent at the school was filled with laughter and positive energy, said Corporal Jamie Chung. Pink Shirt Day comes once a year; but Constables Annelisse Lovell, Pam Newman and their colleagues work hard every day to keep youth safe in our communities.
Additional Anti-bullying Resources:
- BC Ministry of Education “Bullying…Be in the Know” website: External link, opens in a new windowhttp://erasebullying.ca/
- RCMP’s anti-(cyber)bullying safety tips: http://bc.cb.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=87&languageId=1&contentId=27359
- Click on the following link to see Tad in the RCMP anti-bullying video “It Gets Better”: External link, opens in a new windowhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJDvetmwaKg
- Visit Cst. Milmine’s website for his presentation schedule and other information: External link, opens in a new windowhttp://bullyingendshere.ca/. Tad is also on Twitter External link, opens in a new window@tadmilmine
- For information on Pink Shirt Day: External link, opens in a new windowhttp://www.pinkshirtday.ca/
Media Relations Officer
2986 Guildford Way, Coquitlam, BC V3B 7Y5