- 1 tbspsunflower oil
- 2 mediumonions, chopped
- 600gparsnips, cut
- 2 garliccloves, crushed
- 2 sprig fresh thyme
- 600gapples, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 litre vegetable Stock
- 50ml fresh cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter and oil in a large saucepan. Gently sauté the onions and parsnips until the onions are softened. Add the garlic and apples, thyme and cook for a further two minutes, stirring regularly.
- Pour over the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer until the parsnips are very soft. Remove from the heat and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Blend the mixture in a food processor until smooth.
- Stir in the cream, adding a little extra if required. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Gurjyote Singh Sethi, has over 16 years’ experience in the hospitality Industry. He has been associated with leading hotels like the Hyatt Regency New Delhi, Marriott Welcome Hotel, Fusion (Multi cuisine food Joint) Self Owned, Crowne Plaza Gurgaon by (IHG), and Aman Resorts New Delhi, The Claridges Surajkund and Vivanta by Taj at Surajkund. Email: email@example.com