An email autoresponder is arguably an online marketer’s most powerful tool for making sales! To be clear, email is not dead, but we do have to more creative about how we use it and how we craft our messages.
Before we start, let’s first refresh our understanding of what an autoresponder is: An email autoresponder is the holy grail of marketing. It is a powerful tool for you to use online that allows you to quickly collect names and email addresses, and automatically follow up with those specific individuals in any fashion that you want. An email autoresponder is the single most effective way to nurture your leads and make more sales.
- With an autoresponder you will be able to quickly setup a series of emails once, and then reuse them whenever you want to rerun your campaign.
- Hundreds, possibly thousands or hundreds of thousands, of people will get exactly the same emails from you, in exactly the same order.
- This allows you to create an unbelievably consistent level of service
- It is estimated that every dollar spent on email marketing resulted in $59.85 of revenue. So, not only can autoresponders save you a lot of time, but they can also be extremely effective in driving profit to your business.
- Autoresponders are good tools for building relationships with your existing customers by following up on purchases and promoting additional products you may have to offer. They also help you establish a level of trust with people that have given their email addresses to you but have not yet purchased anything from you.
It is well-known that most people don’t usually buy the first time they become aware of you (your website, through social media, networking events, etc.). In fact, it may take several touches before the sale is made. Using an email autoresponder simplifies this entire process while giving you the opportunity to buildup that trust factor through consistent and steady contact.
If your goal is to make money, collecting e-mail addresses is one of THE most important tasks you can complete. Once you have the email address you can easily remind them of who you are and why they should re-visit your sales pages and/or buy your products or services.
Your Take Away
If you want to consistently convert more of your leads into customers and do it on autopilot, an effective email marketing program with an autoresponder at its core is a must for your marketing kitbag.