Abbotsford: In March and April 2017, Abbotsford Police Department Major Crime investigators received information that an internet subscriber was uploading images of child sexual abuse. A 33-year-old suspect named Joshua James Kitsul was identified in connection to that internet account. Investigators executed a search warrant at Kitsul’s residence on April 28, 2017, and seized numerous computers, data storage devices and cell phones. An examination of the material on those items revealed images of child pornography.
On April 29, 2017, Kitsul was arrested. He has since been charged with Possession of Child Pornography and two counts of Making Available Child Pornography.
Kitsul has been released from custody under the following court ordered conditions:
- Not to own, possess or access any device capable of accessing any computer network, including the internet except for work
- Not to access or to be in possession of pornography of any kind
- Not to be engaged in any activity that involves contact or communication with persons under the age of 18 using a computer system
- Not to contact or communicate directly or indirectly with or be alone in the presence of any person who reasonably appears to be under 18 unless in the direct presence of an adult aware of the charges
- Not to attend within 200 meters of any public park, school ground, daycare center, swimming pool, playground, rink, community center or recreational center where persons under the age of 18 are present or might reasonably be expected to be present
- Not to contact or communicate with any person who is known to be involved in the sexual exploitation of children or trading or possessing child sexual materials
Anyone with information concerning this investigation is asked to call the Abbotsford Police Department at 604-859-5225 or text us at 222973(abbypd).