WITH the CRTC this week issuing a notice of hearing for January 27 in Surrey at 9 a.m. at the Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel at 15269 104th Avenue, some competing parties for a licence for a radio station to serve Vancouver are even busier trying to find dirt on each other.
This includes digging up court cases and judgments from the past as well as any cases coming up; finding flaws and incorrect claims in the applications; and pointing out problems of those who are already operating radio stations.
Just how dirty all this will get within the South Asian community will be interesting to watch!
The CRTC will be considering 17 applications:
1. South Fraser Broadcasting Inc. of Surrey
2. Idea Broadcasting Corporation of Vancouver
3. Sky Radio Broadcasting Corp. of Surrey
4. Mosaic Media Inc. of Surrey
5. Surdel Broadcasting Inc. of Surrey
6. New Vision Broadcasting Inc. of Surrey
7. South Asian Link Directory Ltd. of Surrey
8. Akash Broadcasting Inc. of Surrey
9. South Asian Broadcasting Corporation Inc. of Surrey and Abbotsford
10. I.T. Productions Ltd. of Surrey
11. 2308739 Ontario Inc. of Vancouver
12. Sher-E-Punjab Radio Broadcasting Inc. of Vancouver
13. 0971197 B.C. Ltd. of Vancouver
14. Living Word Fellowship of Aldergrove, B.C.
15. Clear Sky Radio Inc. of Cranbrook, Fernie, Sparwood and Invermere, B.C.
16. Newcap Inc. of Cranbrook and Fernie, B.C.
17. United Christian Broadcasters Canada of Thunder Bay, Ontario
For more details about the applicants: