By Gurjyote Sethi
2 tbsp ghee
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
4 tbsp boiled onion paste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
1 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
3/4 cup chopped fenugreek (methi)
4 tbsp fresh thick curds (dahi) , whisked
1/2 cup cream to finish
2 cups paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
1. Heat the ghee in a kadhai and , add the cumin seeds
2. When they crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add the boiled onion paste and sauté till it turns golden brown.
4. Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, salt and fenugreek leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add the curds, ¼ cup of water and mix well.
6. Add the paneer and mix gently so that the paneer pieces do not break.
7. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or till the gravy thickens.
8. Add cream to finish
9. Serve hot.
Gurjyote Singh Sethi, Executive Chef Zest, Kitchen on the move. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org