Surrey RCMP is advising the public of a suspicious person who was reported to have followed a young girl as she walked to school this morning.
Police received a report that at approximately 8:15 am, on April 25, 2018, an unknown person followed a young girl as she was walking in the 14400 block of 102 Avenue. The unknown person followed the girl until she caught up with a group of people walking in the area.
Police are still investigating this incident and a description is not yet available for release. An update to this information will be provided when possible.
Surrey RCMP are providing tips for parents who wish to speak to their children about personal safety precautions:
- Don’t take short cuts. Use main routes, avoid lanes, forested or secluded areas.
- Walk with friends.
- Tell someone where you are going and when you will be back.
- Phone home when leaving a friend’s house and say when you will be home.
- Don’t assist strangers.
- Trust your instincts and your feelings.
- Phone if you are going to be delayed, or if your plans change.
Anyone with more information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502.