Time to get rid of the winter toxicities (and fight everything from cancer & inflammation to wrinkles and a wide variety of others issues while you are at it)
1. Cucumber – Vitamins: A, B1, B5, B7, C & K; magnesium, potassium, manganese, copper; polyphenols (anti-oxidant & anti-inflammatories); lignans (protect against cardiovascular disease and various cancers); triterpenes (anti-cancer properties – block cancer signaling pathways)
1. Add lemon: good source of Vitamin B9 & C; liminoids (anti-carcinogens and regulate cholesterols)
2. Add mint: amino acids; Vitamins A, B1, B3, B6, B9 & C; calcium, copper, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus and zinc
3. Or add pineapple: high in Vitamin Bs & C, manganese
2. Garlic – Vitamins B1, B6, C; Minerals: calcium, copper, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, several different sulfur compounds (anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant; it is the active component of MSM; fights stress, pain, cancer, fatigue and even wrinkles; necessary for muscles, skin, bones, hair, nails & more); some amino acids;
3. Broccoli – Vitamins: A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, D, E & K1, choline; fiber, minerals: chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, zinc; glucosinolates (detox: activation, neutralization & elimination); flavonoid (kaempferol – reduces allergy reactions; anti-inflammatory); and more
4. Lentils – Vitamins: B1, B5, B6, B9; Minerals: copper, iron, manganese, molybdenum, potassium, selenium, zinc; fiber; amino acids. Legumes are hugely associated with a reduction in heart disease; lowers homocysteine and supports cellular methylation which helps in almost everything including the regulation and production of glutathione; stabilize blood sugars and give you more energy.
5. Hemp seeds – 1 the 7 most nutrient dense foods: Vitamins; A, B1, B2, B3, B6, D & E; Minerals: calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, zinc, perfect balance between Omega 3, 6s, & 9 & GLA; ALL amino acids. Helps everything from ADHD, breast pain, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, PMS, arthritis, etc
6. Turmeric – Vitamins: B6; Minerals: copper, iron, manganese, potassium; fiber; curcumoids (anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-cancer; inflammatory bowel disorders; arthritic conditions; weight issues; cystic fibrosis; etc)
While there are many other foods that good for general health and detoxification, I hope that you will include these in your daily diets. Here’s to your Health!
Here’s to your health!
For more information, contact: Dr Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2015 © Choices Unlimited for Health & Wellness
Disclaimer: This article is provided for general information only, and is not a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or other health care professional. Asian Journal is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made by a reader. We are not liable for the contents of any external internet sites listed, nor does SW Media Group endorse any commercial product or service mentioned or advised on any of such sites. Always consult your own health care practitioner.