1 pkg firm tofu, cut into lengths
Wooden skewers, soaked in water
2 clove garlic, minced
25 gms Ginger grounded
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Thai red chillis (chopped)
3 tsp brown sugar
2 green onions chopped
⅓ cup sesame seeds
1 cup walnut de shelled
1 cup fresh basil
½ cup parsley,
Salt to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp finely minced ginger
Zest of 1 orange
1/2 Cup olive oil
- Skewer each length of tofu with a soaked skewer.
- In a flat dish whisk all ingredients together. Swirl tofu skewers to coat, then cover and chill for 3 hours.
- Preheat flat pan with a little oil and pan fry until golden brown on both sides
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
- Serve skewers warm or at room temperature with Walnut Pesto.
- Lightly toast walnut pieces in a sauté pan. Toss until browned slightly, about 5 minutes. Cool.
2. Pulse walnut pieces in a food processor with basil, parsley and salt. Add garlic, ginger, orange zest, and pulse again. Add olive oil in a thin stream while running processor. Chill but pull out of fridge an hour before serving.
Gurjyote Singh Sethi, has over 16 years’ experience in the hospitality Industry. He has been associated with leading hotels like the Hyatt Regency New Delhi, Marriott Welcome Hotel, Fusion (Multi cuisine food Joint) Self Owned, Crowne Plaza Gurgaon by (IHG), and Aman Resorts New Delhi, The Claridges Surajkund and Vivanta by Taj at Surajkund. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org