- 4 ounces’ sugar snap peas, strings removed
- ½ cup green peas
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon butter
- Prepare an ice water bath. In lightly salted boiling water, add sugar snap peas and cook 2 minutes. Add to ice water until chilled, about 2 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- If using fresh peas add to same boiling water and cook until just tender. Transfer to ice water and chill for 2 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- In a blender, purée sugar snap peas with milk and cream. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Mix in the egg. Add flour, salt and baking powder. Purée the green peas in food processor and mix into batter.
- Melt butter in a medium non-stick pan over medium heat. Swirl butter around pan. Use 2 tablespoons of batter to form a pancake 3 inch . When the edges start to lightly brown, Flip the pancakes until lightly brown. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep pancakes warm.
Two peas pancake Topping Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups green peas
- 1 ½ cups sugar snap peas, strings removed and cut into 3 pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup vegetable stock or water
- 2 teaspoons finely sliced mint
- To prepare the peas, lightly cooked for 30 seconds in lightly salted boiling water, remove and place in ice water to chill for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place snap peas, butter, stock and a pinch of salt in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the peas and reduce to glaze, about 3 to 5 minutes. Salt to taste and spoon over pancakes. Sprinkle with sliced mint.
Gurjyote Singh Sethi, has over 16 years’ experience in the hospitality Industry. He has been associated with leading hotels like the Hyatt Regency New Delhi, Marriott Welcome Hotel, Fusion (Multi cuisine food Joint) Self Owned, Crowne Plaza Gurgaon by (IHG), and Aman Resorts New Delhi, The Claridges Surajkund and Vivanta by Taj at Surajkund. Email: email@example.com