Moringa: called the Miracle Tree because all parts of it are beneficial
- Native to India but has spread to Asia, Africa and South America
- Low in fat, low in calorie count, high in nutrition
- Acclaimed more than 90 nutrients and 46 different anti-oxidants
- Includes: Vit A, Vit C, Vit D and Vit E
- Loaded with Vitamins B1, B2 and B3 which are required for energy conversion
- Minerals include: Calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, in high doses
- Moringa leaves provide: 42% of daily requirement for protein; 125% Calcium
- Medicinal capacity: anti-bacterial, anti-depressant, anti fungal, anti-inflammatory,
- Antiseptic, anti-viral; inhibits cancer growth
- Can increase milk production in cattle up to 65%
- Most “evidence” for weight loss is anecdotal
- Has a long shelf life without loss of nutrient
Garcinia: Less popular cousin of Mangosteen – not anymore
- Native to Asia, Australia, S. Africa, India (Garcinia Cambogia native to Indonesia) Although obvious dispute, the number of species ranges from 50-100
- Medicinal properties: test tube trials of HCA (hydroxycitric acid) show that it stops an enzyme (citrate lyase) that turns sugar into fat in the test tube – still very controversial – doesn’t appear to do that for everyone; appetite suppressant for some (makes you feel full, longer) by increasing serotonin
- Safety concerns: can cause low blood sugars – hypoglycemia; may be a problem for some forms of dementia; liver damage , etc depending on what it is combined with: research also shows that it might destroy testicles after prolonged use; don’t use if pregnant, taking a diabetic medication; a statin drug (cholesterol lowering drug) or those with Alzheimer’s disease. Some suggest: don’t take more than 3 tabs of 750 mg a day
Which particular species are you taking
What is the dose you are taking
What kind of soil is it grown in (mineral depleted, toxic soils will make it harmful; the nutrient profile of the soil is directly correlated with the plant profile!!)
How is it harvested
How is it formulated; what kind of fillers, binders, stabilizers, etc are being used
Your body needs fats for: the membrane of every cell; bile production; steroid hormone production; cholesterol; the brain is made up 70% fats; transport mechanisms; glycolipids; lipidproteins; etc – if you are blocking the uptake of good healthy fats you could be in trouble
If we grow the seed in its natural environment (wild crafted); if we process the seed without heat; then we have different types of chocolates and if we use the nutrient dense species we have:
- 26 species
- grown agriculturally and wild crafted
- processed with heat or without heat (heat kills anti-oxidants)
- when cocoa butter is extracted – you loose the anti-oxidants!!
- Over 1200 molecules that are beneficial to the body
- Over 300 nutrients that are both beneficial and in significant amounts
- Provides powerful anti-oxidants , fiber, alkalizing minerals, minerals, vitamins, phytonutrients, amino acids, etc.
- Turns on apoptosis in cancer cells
- Opens fat cells and releases toxins
- Supports the increase in nitric oxide (allows arteries to expand & contract) thus reducing high blood pressure. Provides several “good feeling” endorphins, neurotransmitters, etc
Take the real thing and you will benefit as have civilizations throughout history. Take the man tampered stuff – and you will suffer
As we move throughout our lives, science will continue to unfold with Herbalists, Naturopaths, Ayurvedic physicians, Traditional Chinese physicians, etc have known all along – Western science just thought it could out do Mother Nature – and they are proven wrong continually.
Don’t just keep going for the newest, greatest find. Design what program is best for you. If they provide the same thing for everyone – go to someone else.
Here’s to your health!