We’ve got so many plans up our sleeves; we can hardly sit still to write this issue! Are you ready for 2015 and the Year of Wood Goat as well?
I am excited as always about the New Year. I hope your holidays were wonderful and joyous in the company of family and friends. If there is anything that I would like to impart from this article, it is to say how important it is to make an effort in your life. Make your own world the way you want it to be by doing something – anything – this year differently. Plus, instead of making New Year Resolutions, we make “New Year’s Expectations” of the good things we expect to come this year. Anything beyond this is just icing on the cake.
I wish you a different – and BETTER – New Year than EVER! Remember, Chinese New of Goat is starting from 19th February, 2015.
How can you move ahead this year and get past some of the problems of last year? It will take effort, but if you truly want to get ahead and have some beneficial change, you won’t mind because the payoff is more than worth the effort. The checklist below outlines the steps you should take to get energy moving for you in 2015.
• Do things symbolically: When you clean your house just before New Year, for example, you are symbolically starting a fresh New Year. Think of things you can do to create symbolism in your life. Consider buying new art-work for your house that inspires and uplifts you and is symbolic of something to you.
• Start New: This change can be a new, positive tradition that you do for yourself at the start of the New Year such as buying a new wallet or purse. This is my own personal tradition. I buy a new wallet, checkbook cover — all red! And yes, red really does work!
• Let good energy take root: If possible plant something outdoor, such as bulbs or a tree to get the New Year off to a healthy, vigorous start. If that’s not possible, purchase a new, healthy indoor plant.
• Pick a corner of the house to refresh: Plan on doing some renovation to your home to keep energy of the area fresh and vibrant. New curtains, wall color, accessories etc.
• Choose one room to streamline and de-clutter: Throw away or donate as many items as you can. If you still feel motivated try another room in the house.
• Diagram your house: With some graph paper, set out your house diagram and superimpose Ba-gua chart on that. Plan out your house feng shui and start implementing yearly cures and enhancers. Deal with weak sectors first.
• Welcome opportunities: The front of your house is where opportunities originate. If the front of your house needs help, then chances are you might be feeling stuck or without options in your life. Be sure, steps leading up to your house are closed and that the riser is not open otherwise you will be losing opportunities.
• Three leg toad: This year the three leg toad will create wonders. Place it near entrance, inside the house facing inside as if it is entering through entrance door. It is effective enhancer this year for career and monetary gains. If you wish, you can repeat it in bedroom too.
• Select the right date: 19th February is the day when you should place all your yearly cures and enhance this year.
Deepak Jayakar. Feng Shui Master
Interior Designer and Custom Home
specialist. Email: email@example.com