Vancouver: Deadline to submit nomination package is September 14. Nominations for Vancouver Mayor, Council, Park Board and School Board are now open.
Candidates have until 4pm on September 14 to successfully submit their completed nomination packages at the Election Office, 450 West Broadway.
Avoid delays: make an appointment to submit your package by calling the Election Office at 604-829-2010.
Nomination packages can be found at:
- Online at Vancouver.ca/vote
- At the Election Office, 1st floor, 450 W Broadway, 8:30 am to 5pm
- At the City Clerk’s Office, 3rd floor, City Hall, 453 W 12th Ave, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
A list of candidates who have successfully submitted their packages will be available in the evening of September 14.
Four races, 27 positions open
In the 2018 Vancouver municipal election, voters will elect:
- 1 mayor
- 10 councillors
- 7 commissioners for the Vancouver Park Board
- 9 school trustees for the Vancouver School Board
All offices are held for a four-year term. Voters will also vote on three questions on borrowing for the City’s Capital Plan.
Candidates listed in random order on the ballot
This summer, Vancouver City Council and the Vancouver School Board voted to list candidates on the ballot in random order to create a more even playing field.
The random order list will be drawn after 4 p.m. on September 21 and will be widely publicized to Vancouver residents.
The Election Office will release details about the draw, including how to watch it online, on September 14.
Dates to vote
Voters can choose to vote on any of the following nine days in October:
- Advance voting: October 10 to 17, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Election day: October 20, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Locations of voting places will be available online in mid-September.