Surrey: The Surrey Hospital Foundation today hosted a $1 Million donation celebratory event recognizing the generous donation of Dr. Peter Chung and his family to the Children’s Health Centre Campaign. With Dr. Chung’s contribution, the Surrey Hospital Foundation is almost at their $6-million fundraising goal with $1-million left to raise for the campaign.
The Children’s Health Centre at Surrey Memorial Hospital, built in 2001, is the only health facility in the Fraser Valley dedicated to children’s health and pediatric emergencies. Surrey Hospital Foundation is raising a total of $6 million to transform the Children’s Health Centre by creating a larger, family-friendly space with more clinics for outpatients and a dedicated area for kids who need day care procedures. The changes will also mean that more patient rooms will be available for children who need overnight stays.
The new transformed Children’s Health Centre will:
- Enable thousands of Fraser Valley children and families to see pediatric specialists closer to home,
- Add new gastroenterology and orthopedic clinics,
- Expand the services of 11 other specialties including neurology, cardiology and nephrology (kidney care),
- Add a new treatment room, 4 new inpatient rooms, and up to 14 additional clinic rooms for outpatient care (more than doubling the current 5),
- Include four to six new surgical day care spaces,
- Add a new family friendly waiting area, kids play area, family lounge and kitchen.