- 1 cup Soya Granules
- 1 chopped Green Chilli
- 1 teaspoon Ginger chopped
- 1 cup Green Peas (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups chopped Spinach fresh
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala or amchoor powder
- 2 tablespoons Chickpea Flour or Besan
- Salt to taste
- 100 gms khoya (grated)
- 100 gms fresh pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons oil (divided)
- Soak the soya granules in hot water and set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and add green chillies, ginger. Sauté for a minute till fragrant and add green peas and salt. Cover and cook till the peas are soft.
- Add spinach and raw mango powder (amchoor) and sauté for 2-3 minutes till the spinach wilts completely. Set aside to cool.
- Strain the soya granules, squeeze out the water completely and add them to a mixer grinder, along with the green peas and spinach mixture. Pulse a few times till the mixture is mixed through but still coarse. Transfer it to a bowl and mix in the chickpea flour (besan). Form the mixture into flat circles, press in the center add a teaspoon full with khoya and pomegranate seeds, stuff and make patties securing the sides do not split.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non stick pan, and add 4-5 tikkis or as many that fit into the pan without crowding. Cook them on either side for 5-8 minutes till golden brown over medium heat. Repeat with the remaining tikkis. Serve hot with mint coriander chutney.
Gurjyote Singh Sethi, Canadian Red Seal Chef with over 18 years of Culinary Experience, Currently operating Catering company GJ’S Kitchen in Surrey BC. He had been associated with leading hotels in India, The Hyatt Regency New Delhi, Marriott Welcome Hotel, Crown Plaza Gurgaon by (IHG), and Aman Resorts New Delhi, The Claridges Surajkund and Vivanta by Taj at Surajkund. Email: email@example.com