Surrey: Conservative Party of Canada candidate in Surrey Newton, Harpreet Singh has welcomed the Harper Government’s Economic Action Plan 2015.He says it will support jobs and growth in Surrey Newton, help our families and communities prosper and ensure the security of all Canadians.
“We have kept our promise to Canadians by balancing the budget in 2015, the first balanced budget since the Great Recession.” “Under the Prime Minister’s leadership, Canada has created over 1.2 million new jobs since the recession, but we live in uncertain times and the global economy remains fragile.” Says Harpreet. “That’s why Economic Action Plan 2015 will continue our Government’s focus on creating more jobs and growing the
economy in Surrey Newton and across the country.”
Economic Action Plan 2015 includes key measures to support Surrey Newton families and to support the British Columbia economy, including:
– Cutting Tax for Small Business: Economic Action Plan 2015 proposes to further reduce the small business tax rate down to 9% by 2019. Due to measures taken since we formed government, we have reduced taxes for
small businesses by almost 50%.
-Supporting Families: Economic Action Plan 2015 benefits 100% of families with children by lowering taxes and increasing benefits. An average family will receive $6,600 in support per year due to measures our government has introduced;
– Tax Free Savings Account: Economic Action Plan 2015 proposes to increase the Tax-Free Savings Account annual contribution limit to $10,000, effective for the 2015 taxation year. There are now 11 million Canadians who have opened accounts to save money for their priorities.
– Supporting Job-Creating Businesses: Economic Action Plan 2015 proposes to provide tax relief to the LNG industry and new funding to the forestry sector to help diversify their markets to emerging economies. These initiatives will help create jobs and economic growth for British Columbia.
– Supporting Seniors: Economic Action Plan 2015 proposes to provide more flexibility for seniors by reducing the minimum withdrawal factors for Registered Retirement Income Funds to permit seniors to preserve more
of their retirement savings. Economic Action Plan 2015 also proposes to introduce a new, permanent, non-refundable Home Accessibility Tax Credit for seniors and persons with disabilities.
– National Security: To ensure that our Armed Forces continue to have what they need to accomplish the dangerous tasks Canadians ask of them, Economic Action Plan 2015 proposes increase National Defence’s budget by $11.8 billion over 10 years. We are also providing new funding to help counter violent extremism and terrorism. While we’re focused on creating jobs, Justin Trudeau has the same old Liberal high tax, high debt agenda and schemes that will threaten jobs and set working families back. Meanwhile, the NDP continues to push risky high-tax schemes like
a $20 billion carbon tax that would hurt Canada’s economy and kill Canadian jobs. Only our Prime Minister and Conservative Government has the strong, serious leadership needed to manage Canada’s economy and keep taxes low for the people of Surrey Newton. The Province of British Columbia will receive record high transfer payments to
support health care, education, and social programs. Specifically, British Columbia will receive $6.1B in federal transfers this year – a $1.6B increase (or 34%) from under the Liberals.
-Supporting Public Transit Major Projects :Economic Action Plan 2015 proposes to provide an additional $750 million over two years, starting in 2017–18, and $1 billion per year ongoing thereafter for a new and innovative Public Transit Fund – the Government’s largest targeted infrastructure program – to promote public transit infrastructure investment in a manner that is affordable for taxpayers and efficient for public transit users.
-Enhancing Courts Security: Economic Action Plan 2015 proposes to provide $19.3 million over five years
starting in 2015-16 to enhance security measures at Canada’s federal courts and registry offices.
-Economic Action Plan 2015 proposes to increase the Lifetime Capital Gains Exemption for qualified farm and fishing property to $1 million.Together, tax measures in Economic Action Plan 2015 that support small businesses and their owners will reduce federal taxes in British Columbia by about $300 million over the 2015-16 to 2019-20 period.
-Providing Support to Provinces to Harmonize Apprenticeship Training Economic Action Plan 2015 proposes to extend further support to provinces and territories to facilitate the harmonization of apprenticeship training and certification requirements in targeted Red Seal trades.
-Ensuring Training Reflects Labour Market Needs:As announced in Economic Action Plan 2013, the Government is renegotiating the $1.95 billion per year Labour Market Development Agreements with provinces and territories to reorient training towards labour market demand.
-Removing Financial Barriers to Foreign Credential Recognition :Economic Action Plan 2015 proposes to reallocate up to $35 million over five years, starting in 2015–16, to make the Foreign Credential Recognition Loans pilot project permanent to support internationally-trained workers in their pursuit of foreign credential recognition.
We are proud of our plan that is lowering taxes and providing benefits directly to families in Surrey Newton for them to reinvest in the Canadian economy,” says Harpreet Singh