It is still the number one New Year’s Eve Resolution people make and we are still getting bigger, heavier & fatter. Something is wrong with that picture.
We know that it isn’t just about calories and exercise. We have been saying that for eons.
So what is it about?
Yes, diet does a play a part:
- Healthy fats (avocados, hemp, coconut oils)
- Healthy proteins (Hemp oil)
- Whole foods
- Nuts and seeds (hemp, flax, chia, almonds, walnuts)
- Fruits and vegetables (organic, whole foods)
- Pre and probiotics (fermented & pickled foods)
It has to do with your gut:
- pH of your gut (lemon juice)
- production of enzymes (ginger)
- production of hormones (leafy green vegetables)
- Inflammation in your gut (Omega 3s: seeds, nuts, avocados)
- Pre and Probiotics in your gut (cabbage, kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut)
I has to do with your cells:
- Methylation cycle (Vitamin Bs)
- Mitochondria (PQQ & CoQ10)
- DNA expression (hemp oil)
It has to do with your stress levels:
- Psychological stress
- Emotional stress
- Gut stress
All play a role on your adrenals which regulate blood glucose levels
It has to do with your underlying psyche:
- Your beliefs
- Your attitudes
- Your coping mechanisms
- Your self-perception
Choose to create one new habit every week of the year. If you fall of your newly established band wagon, pick up your socks and get back on. Encourage the self, don’t negate the self!
Here’s to your health!
For more information, contact: Dr Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2015 © Choices Unlimited for Health & Wellness
Disclaimer: This article is provided for general information only, and is not a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or other health care professional. Asian Journal/Author is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made by a reader. We are not liable for the contents of any external internet sites listed, nor does SW Media Group endorse any commercial product or service mentioned or advised on any of such sites. Always consult your own health care practitioner.